Job Opportunities with Kusewera
Intern – location Malawi, Africa – 2 month minimum:
We are currently accepting applications for interns (Malawian or foreign students), who are looking to gain valuable experience to compliment their studies. Interns will assist with our programs on-site and must be available on a consistent basis for the 2 month (min) period, with a minimum of 2 full days a week. For those traveling from outside Malawi, room and board may be made available on a case by case basis.
Please note the inquiry on your email to Kusewera@gmail.com.
Groundskeeper / Gardener: location Malawi, Africa:
This local position is in charge of tending to and cultivating the landscape, gardens and sports field at Kusewera Village. General knowledge of gardening and landscaping is essential.
If interested, please contact us at Kusewera@gmail.com or at +265 996 912 950.
On-Site Manager – location Malawi, Africa:
Kusewera is looking for an individual or a couple to serve long-term in Malawi, at Kusewera Village. This position will help oversee the day to day programs, provide insight and strategic direction for long-term development and will assist with teacher / coach training, evaluation tools and will help Malawian staff build in-country partnerships.
This may include but is not limited to the following:
- Provide ongoing feedback, insight and direction to Kusewera founder and Board as necessary (both US and Malawi).
- Interact with guests, contractors and Kusewera staff and volunteers.
- Directly run program, in collaboration with our Malawian Program Coordinator (currently Chippie Mulima) and other staff.
- Assist with continued development and implementation of the curriculum – be sure materials are being used, any curriculum Kusewera has provided is being implemented and assessments are being conducted.
- Development and implementation of culturally appropriate training clinics – for volunteers, interns, staff as necessary. This is a key component to volunteer teams and foreigners to better understand the Malawian culture and what is expected of them.
- Identifying local staff to be hired and trained as necessary, and directed by Kusewera US Board.
- Maintain ongoing communication and relationships with partner schools, parents, communities
- Outreach in Malawi for sponsorship and grant opportunities to help sustain our current and future programs.
- Maintain library of images and videos for Kusewera Social Media, Blogs, website, etc. and upload to Kusewera’s Dropbox link weekly.
Term: Minimum 6 mos. (1-2 years preferred)
Kusewera will provide general room and board to volunteer, which also includes general use utilities, wifi and an available vehicle at owners discretion (*upon signed vehicle agreement).
General eligibility: Must be 18 years of age, have related volunteer experience, complete Kusewera training prior to start of term and have final approval by Kusewera’s US Board.
Preference: A volunteer outside of Malawi, who has been to or worked in Malawi will be given first priority. A volunteer outside of Malawi, who has been to or worked in Africa within the last 3 years will be given priority as well as a volunteer outside of Malawi, who has been to or worked in a third world country within the last 3 years. Candidate must be fluent in English. A reasonable comprehension of the basic Chichewa language is required. Kusewera currently provides 4 video sessions available for anyone to learn Chichewa.
Please send resume to Kusewera@gmail.com (subject line: On-site Manager) with an explanation of why you are interested in this position and why you feel you would be a great fit.